Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tick of Time- The Kooks

"Get off this situation and feel fine"

So, I was listening to the Konk album by the Kooks the other day and it made me totally fall right back into love with them.  I think they are so underrated.  They are a great band.  Yeah, sure, sometimes their lyrics are a little lacking, but their melodies and musical directions are so catchy and great.  I really miss hearing from them. Apparently, they have another album coming out this fall.  Hopefully, it will be great.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-463714/The-Kooks-Like-rolling-stone.html
This song is my favorite on the album.  It's really simple with only a few instruments but it's really catchy.  I think there are two singers in this which makes it even more interesting.  I really want to do this song in my band.


Oh honey please, don't shed no tears
As long as im here


It's far too early in the morning to be trying to call you
And far too early in the daytime to be thinking about that


But I, (but I), but I, (but I), but I am


What did I do in a past life, oh to deserve this
Yeah the way I make myself
He's far too innocent to be a part of such a cruel world
And it is, and it is and it is


And so I'll go, yes I'll go, so I'll take that train and ride
Hoping I can write her a rhyme, that might stop the tick of time
Get off this situation and feel fine
Get off this situation and feel fine


What did I do to deserve her love
I have to ask myself
When I am such a bad man but only to her (only to her, only, only to her)


Oh and so I'll go, yes I'll go, so I'll take that train and ride
Oh and so I'll go, yes I'll go, so I'll take that train and ride
Wishing, hoping I can write her a rhyme, that might stop the tick of time
Get off this situation and feel fine
Get off this situation and feel fine



No comments:

Post a Comment